Sunday, September 13, 2009

Remember to Touch

Zella's photo of an Autumn evening in New England always makes me stop and linger. God seems to touch me through nature. It also reminds me how important the human touch is to each of us.

'Tis the human touch in this world that counts,
The touch of your hand and mine,
Which means far more to the fainting heart
Than shelter and bread and wine;
For shelter is gone when the night is o'er,
And bread last only a day,
But the touch of the hand and the sound of the voice
Sing on in the soul always. by Spencer Free

Touch someone today - you never know how long that memory will linger.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the fall colors!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I can't wait for my children to wake up so I can give them a big squeeze and smooch!

Montanagirl said...

There's just something special about the smallest or lightest touch. Very nice post, Connie. Beautiful photo.