Saturday, September 5, 2009

Style or Principle

What do you think of this quote?

In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
~Thomas Jefferson~

Okay, my picture from Elizabeth is perhaps a little too energetic for the quote, but I do not have too many water and rock photos! However, the quote has intrigued me.

Sometimes as believers, I think we make mountains out of mole hills. So much so, that an unbeliever is no longer interested in our principles. They then want nothing to do with Christ, Christianity, or what we believe.

What do you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Styles come and go, principles do not. I am so grateful our God is a rock!
Arlene

Montanagirl said...

I think my principles have stuck with me-thank goodness they're good ones! I like the photo.

bookflutterby said...

Very true in a way, but if the styles conflict with the principles, still stand like a rock. :D